Effective July 1, 2020
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
By use of this site, you give Learn Larp, LLC permission to collect and use personally identifiable information, such as your name and other personal information about you. If you purchase Learn Larp, LLC’s products, and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction. Learn Larp, LLC may also collect anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your age, gender, and race. We may collect additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect information from you, as further described below:
Information You Provide:
We collect information from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you register for access to the Services or use certain Services. Information we collect may include but not be limited to username, email address, and any messages, images, or other content you send.
- Data We Collect Automatically: When you interact with us through the Services, we receive and store certain information such as an IP address, device ID, and your activities within the Services. We may store such information or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by affiliates, agents or service providers. The Services may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Sites, the number of messages users have sent, as well as the sites which refer visitors to our Sites.
- Aggregated Information: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, we may conduct research on our customer demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information collected. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and we may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may use third-party web site analytic tools such as Google Analytics on our website that employ cookies to collect certain information concerning your use of our Services. However, you can disable cookies by changing your browser settings. Further information about the procedure to follow in order to disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via your help screen.
- Advertisements: You may see our Service advertised in other applications or websites. After clicking on one of these advertisements and installing our Service, you will become a user of the Service. Advertising platforms, which include Twitter and Facebook (and whose SDKs are integrated within our Service), may collect information for optimizing advertising campaigns outside of the Service.
If you do not wish to receive personalized advertising that is delivered by third parties outside of the Service, you may be able to exercise that choice through opt-out programs that are administered by third parties, including the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
The Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Related Companies”) may also use your information collected through the Services to help us improve the content and functionality of the Services, to better understand our users and to improve the Services. The Company and its affiliates may use this information to contact you in the future to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you. If we do so, each marketing communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future marketing communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us as indicated below.
Learn Larp, LLC may keep track of the websites and pages our users visit within Learn Larp, LLC, in order to determine what Learn Larp, LLC services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Learn Larp, LLC to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
OUR LEGAL BASES FOR HANDLING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal ground they rely on to use or disclose your personal data. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as follows:
- To honor our contractual commitments to you: Much of our processing of personal data is to meet our contractual obligations to our users, or to take steps at users’ request in anticipation of entering into a contract with them. For example, we handle personal data on this basis to create your account and provide our Services.
- Consent: Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of your implied or express consent.
- Legitimate interests: In many cases, we handle personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals: This includes:
- Providing a safe and enjoyable user experience;
- Customer service;
- Marketing, e.g. sending emails or other communications to let you know about new features;
- Protecting our users, personnel, and property;
- Analyzing and improving our business, e.g. collecting information about how you use our Services to optimize the design and placement of certain features;
- Processing job applications;
- Managing legal issues.
- Legal compliance: We need to use and disclose personal data in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
- To protect the vital interests of the individual or others: For example, we may collect or share personal data to help resolve an urgent medical situation.
OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The Company is not in the business of selling your information. Learn Larp, LLC does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties.
We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your information with certain third parties, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Consent: We may transfer your information with your consent.
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties: Like many businesses, we sometimes hire other companies or individuals to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases, and processing payments.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company or Related Companies, (iii) protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- Aggregated or Non-identifiable Data: We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business purposes.
You may provide us with ideas for new products or modifications to existing products, and other unsolicited submissions (collectively, “Unsolicited Information”). All Unsolicited Information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and we shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute such Unsolicited Information to others without limitation or attribution.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Learn Larp LLC encourages you to review the privacy statements of Third-Party Sites so that you can understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information. Learn Larp, LLC is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Third-Party Sites.
We generally retain personal data for so long as it may be relevant to the purposes identified herein. To dispose of personal data, we may anonymize it, delete it, or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
The Learn Larp, LLC website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Learn Larp, LLC pages, or register with Learn Larp, LLC site or services, a cookie helps Learn Larp, LLC to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Learn Larp, LLC website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Learn Larp, LLC features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Learn Larp, LLC services or websites you visit.
Security of your Personal Information
Learn Larp, LLC uses commercially reasonable efforts to secure your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error-free. In particular, email sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information via the Internet.
Children Under Thirteen
Please see the COPPA policy below.
Opt-Out & Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from Learn Larp, LLC by contacting us here: email@example.com
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act or (“CCPA”) and the “Shine the Light” Law. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Our Collection and Use of Personal Information: We collect the following categories of personal information: identifiers (such as your username, the email address you use to sign up, and your phone number, if you’ve chosen to provide it); commercial information (a record of what you’ve bought from Company); financial data (payment information, if you’ve bought anything from Company); internet or other network information (how you interact with the application); location information (because your IP address may indicate your general location); inference data about you; and other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you. For examples of the precise data points we collect and the sources of such collection, please see the “INFORMATION WE COLLECT” section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in “OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION” above.
Disclosure of Personal Information: We may share your personal information with third parties as described in the “OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION” section above. We disclose the categories of personal information mentioned above for business or commercial purposes.
No Sale of Personal Information: The CCPA sets forth certain obligations for businesses that sell personal information. We do not sell the personal information of our users.
Exercising Your Consumer Rights: If you are a California resident, you have the right to request (1) more information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected and disclosed for a business purpose in the last 12 months, (2) deletion of your personal information, and (3) to opt out of sales of your personal information, if applicable.
Details on how to make these requests are in the “YOUR DATA RIGHTS AND CHOICES” section above. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Requests Received: We received the following number of data requests between January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019: 0
Number of North American requests to know
Incomplete (due to account deletion prior to completion or invalid email address): 0
Average time to resolution: NA
Number of worldwide requests to delete
Incomplete (due to incorrect email confirmation or non-existent email address): 0
Average time to resolution: NA
Number of requests to opt-out
Because Company does not sell the personal information of our users to third parties, this is not applicable.
Effective as of July 1, 2020
Effective Date: July 1, 2020
Children’s personal information will be handled as described in this COPPA Policy. In order to permit children to access our Online Platform, a parent must create the account on Discord, using a parent’s email, and with the parent able to monitor and control their child’s account.
Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act (“COPPA”). COPPA requires that online service providers obtain parental consent before they knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under 13. Therefore, we only collect personal information through the Services from a child under 13 where parental consent for that child to use the Services and disclose personal information to us or where the parent or legal guardian of a child has signed the child up to use the Services. For children under the age of 13, all information and accounts must be created and monitored by the parent or guardian.
If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website and the Services. If you are under 13, please do not send any personal information about yourself to us your parent or guardian has provided consent or signed you up to use the Service, and please do not send any personal information other than what we request from you in connection with the Services. If we learn we have collected personal information from a student under 13 without parental consent being obtained, or if we learn a student under 13 has provided us personal information beyond what we request from him or her, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
If you believe that a student under 13 may have provided us personal information in violation of this paragraph, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Parents must certify that they are legally permitted to use and access the Services and take full responsibility for the selection and use of and access to the Services on behalf of their child. This Agreement is void where prohibited by law, and the right to access the Services is revoked in such jurisdictions.
Learn Larp LLC operates the Services and can be contacted at: email@example.com
Information We Collect About Children
Information We Collect Directly
Although children under 13 may use certain components of our Services, we do not require or collect personal information directly from children.
While we don’t seek to collect personal information from children, we will collect any information that a child nonetheless provides to us through our Services, which may include the child’s name or username (if not already provided by a parent a teacher). We encourage parents and teachers to educate their children about limiting the types of personal information that their children provide over the Internet, including to us.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect information about a child’s use of our Services through cookies and other technologies, including without limitation: domain name; browser type; browser language; operating system type; device name and model; pages or screens viewed; links clicked; when and the length of time spent using Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led to our Services. We also may collect IP address and other unique identifiers from children, as well as information about a child’s activities within our Services, such as which pages they read, and download history, but we will only use such information to provide our Services and to understand user activity while using our Services.
How We Use Children’s Information
How We Disclose Children’s Information
We do not sell or rent the personal information we collect from children under 13 to third parties or permit third parties to use such information for marketing purposes. In general, we may disclose the personal information that we collect about children to provide our Services, to comply with the law, to protect users of our Services, and as otherwise set forth in the “Disclosure of Information” section above. We do not enable children to make their personal information publicly available through our Services.
Parents’ Rights to Review, Delete, and Control Our Use of Their Child’s Personal Information
Parents have a right to review the information we have collected about their child, to delete it, and to tell us to no longer use their child’s personal information.
Changes to this COPPA Policy
This COPPA Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this COPPA Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this COPPA Policy on our Websites. If we make any material changes to this COPPA Policy, we will endeavor to provide parents and children with advance notice to parents’ email address of record.